Sunday 20 May 2012

Flying Scotsman (Caledonian)

Flying Scotsman (Caledonian)
Name: Flying Scotsman
Label: "Edinburgh to London - Premium Bitter - The officially licensed Flying Scotsman beer"
Brewery: Caledonian
ABV: 4.0%

Rating: "Specially brewed to celebrate the return of the world's most famous locomotive after a major restoration programme at the National Railway Museum in York. Salute the loco with a glass of this superb beer. Look for a raisin-like spiciness and a superb toasty dryness. First Class refreshment from Edinburgh to London and beyond." I looked and I found! Great beer.

Game: Between Max Payne 3 and the billions of other games I've yet to finish (I believe this is referred to as a "pile of shame") I've been attempting to play Wipeout 2048 on PS Vita. I say 'attempting' because this game makes me feel like I'm the worst ever player at Wipeout. Most of the laps are spent careening from the left side barrier to the right side barrier and back again whilst managing to somehow avoid all of the speed boosts and pickup pads on the track. I seem to have an uncanny ability to miss all of the power ups. Go me. Great game, I'm just rubbish at it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now that you mention it, you do look a bit bruised :(

But your gameplay sounds all too familiar to me...

Sigh!... Thank heavens we've got beer!!!

:P

GamingAles said...

Shame to hear you're similarly afflicted :(
I'll get us yet more beer! Just been getting a considerable beating in Max Payne too. No wonder he takes so many pain killers!