Monday 21 May 2012

Summer Ale (Shepherd Neame)

Summer Ale (Shepherd Neame)
Name: Summer Ale
Label: "Light & refreshing - mouthwatering, fresh & zesty - A fruity yet bitter golden pale ale"
Brewery: Shepherd Neame
ABV: 4.2%

Rating: "A delicious and refreshing golden ale, ideal for summer drinking. Brewed using the finest English malt with the perfect combination of choicest First Gold, Hersbrucker and Styrian Goldings hops, this ale has a zesty aroma and notes of citrus peel complemented by a bitter twist on the finish." The weather has gone nice, the perfect excuse to drink lots of this beer.

Game: I was describing some of my recent Max Payne 3 exploits to a colleague and realised I probably sounded like a completely deranged psychopath. Basically I mentioned how I was in a stadium and I sniped someone in the bum which triggered the slo-mo cutscene where I could shoot more bullets into my quickly expiring victim. I sent a bullet through the back of his neck and out of the front of his throat (this was in-game by the way, not at my colleague), another entry wound then opened up in the back of his head with accompanying exit wound out of the forehead, a final shot again through the back of the head, and then the metal clang of an empty chamber ended the sequence as blood continued to spurt out of the entry and exit wounds. Completely glorified violence and pretty horrific but somehow it was poetry in motion during the game. I'm a bit conflicted... it's so graphically violent but at the same time so amazingly amazing. And for the record, I'm not a psychopath. Possibly deranged... but definitely not a psychopath.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

a gloriously bloody description, sounds more like an artform...

(whimpers....) must get me hands on this game and enough time to play it!! haven't picked up a controller in days :(

have drank much more beer than normal!?

(considers correlation....)

GamingAles said...

Thanks for the retweet! For a moment there I thought you'd dropped off the internets as your latest post was still the "Warriors..." one. Then I spy your triumphant "Bundle in a box" post and there was sighs of relief all round!

Another beer...?

Unknown said...

Hic!.. yes thank you, thank you! another beer, fortunately I'm not driving... :)

though staying up in this pc chair is becoming increasingly difficult... :(

Apologies for the hiatus, I've been trying to keep my other blogs up to scratch, at the expence of the elderly gamer... I should know better... I've already missed a dragon's dogma and max payne 3 review!!

This beer though makes everything okay... :)

GamingAles said...

No need to apologise, its amazing you have time to visit considering the greatness of your other blogs that you maintain! So I consider it an honour to share a couple of brews with your good self.