Saturday 26 May 2012

Westmorland Ale (Jennings)

Westmorland Ale (Jennings)
Name: Westmorland Ale
Label: "Delicate hop flavours with hints of toffee & caramel - Delicious & refreshing well balanced amber ale."
Brewery: Jennings
ABV: 4.0%

Rating: "A lovely golden amber ale with subtle hints of toffee and caramel, beautifully balanced by hoppy notes from the Fuggles, Goldings and Challenger hops." Another from Sainsbury's "Taste the Difference" range. This beer goes great with summer.

Game: The difficulty in Max Payne 3 seems to have ramped up which suggests I'm close to the endgame.  I kept dying over and over and was getting mildly frustrated when Catherine suddenly fell into my lap. Not literally, it actually fell onto the floor after being put through the letterbox. Anyway, so far it's full of sexy anime, fiendish block related puzzles and drinking in a bar. Lots of games seems to involve drinking. I might start drinking the same in real life as the character in the game, just for that added level of immersion.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

....completely forgot Catherine!
how could I forget Catherine?

(scratch's head considers Alzheimers...)

and dear Bickle I salute your novel and enticing approach to game immersion, hic!.. assuming we haven't approached his intake level yet!..

:)

GamingAles said...

Yeah I'd forgotten about Catherine too. It was only when it hit the magic £14.99 price point that I thought I take a punt on it.

Unknown said...

Still near full price in stores here! :(
Will have to start ordering online...

GamingAles said...

Booo the full priceness of it all! It's a rare day when I purchase a game from retail stores nowadays. Online is definitely the more frugal option.